Literacy Volunteer Applications
To get started as a volunteer, you may:
- Download and complete our Volunteer Application, or
- Contact us at (207)947-8451 and we'll mail you a paper version
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about volunteering.
Directions for Completing the Volunteer Application in the PDF Format
The Volunteer Application form is in a PDF format. The form is interactive and can be completed from within Adobe Acrobat Reader (A free, downloadable software available from http://get.adobe.com/reader/).
To complete the form:
- Save the PDF to a location on your hard drive.
- Open the form using Adobe Acrobat.
- Complete the form by placing your cursor in the blue highlighted areas and typing and clicking on the highlighted checkboxes that apply to you.
- Once you have completed the form, go to the "File" menu and select "Save As" then save it as a separate PDF with your name in the brackets of the file name. (Example: Original PDF file name = Volunteer.Application_Your_Name.pdf. Save As file name = Volunteer.Application_[Jane_Doe].pdf.
- Then simply send an email to Literacy Volunteers of Bangor (c/o email@example.com) and include your re-named and completed form as an attachment.
You can also print out the form, complete it, and hand deliver or mail it to:
Literacy Volunteers of Bangor
354 Hogan RoadBangor, Maine 04401